Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » new research levels seem stupidly easy

new research levels seem stupidly easy

Previous [1] 2 Next
zxektok megatron
RJ: zxektok

Post Rating: 2
+ / -

Total Posts: 140
Isnt this kind of taking a lot of the value out of research?

if it takes 5 minutes to get to average level then being a quality leader on q is pushing the average up and it costs more to do so than before.
why would anyone want to feed their competitors research? sooo strange

i didnt see anything wrong with the old system - why change it?
who asked for this?

i expected research to deflate after research queues were introduced but this is rather different. I dont understand why you wanted to make this change Beloved Dictator?
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
I asked for this, I'm sure you can figure out why if the game has been running for 3 years and you just found out about the game today.
zxektok megatron

+ / -

yes ok
will exports Quality increase level with the average research or above it?
i spent weeks on getting huge amounts of research over lvl 20 - now blueberries for example takes minutes

there are still lots of markets out there not filled. Now that quality difference is nerfed.
i think is will be even more difficult to get 7% store sales in a product you specialize in because everyone else's Q level is that much higher and yours isnt.
I think that quest type of quest needs dropped now. especially with the increasing amount of players.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Thanks for understanding, the game will become boring if people can just grow out of bounds.

The import qualities will either stay as is or grow very slowly, but the export prices' "bonuses from quality" may be reduced in the future as relative to the average tech or average store quality (note only the bonus is reduced).

Yes, I'll move the quest system up on the list.
zxektok megatron

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

i have got from level 0 in wine to level 16 in less than 1 minute. unsure how much networth that is but it seems kinda broken. Q17 took 14 seconds...

my beverage R&D is not huge but not small - so as far as i can tell it is basically giving the first 10-15 quality levels in everything popular.

chicken nuggets for example at R&D (1 min = q15 wine) takes over 4 minutes for Q1 on its own! I think its encouraging more people to go into the most popular markets as they gain networth and research much faster and easier than other industries.

That seems slightly strange.

As i do feedback and small suggestions - if this stays implemented how about
keeping the average research level thing unless your q^3 (previous formula) is less upto q10 (so niche markets wont take an age to get going)

otherwise if someone wanted to do shoes or nuggets, or a niche market it have the potential to take them weeks -> cant explore niche market -> bad for your noobs

everyone will just be fruit and industrial farms and possibly jewelry thanks to elry

just usual whats on mind feedback after having a play
Weicong Sng
RJ: Park Min Young
CO: Psychotic Nutcase

+ / -

Total Posts: 59
do realise that if everyone follows the crowd and enjoys the R&D lead by the big shot companies, they will end up competing with them as well. i would rather rush R&D at a slower rate in a relatively green industry.
zxektok megatron

+ / -

thats my point, if not following the crowd R&D is a huge amount slower and im pretty confident due to exporting and more of the "popular" stores that following the trend would yield much more money and networth than not.

if you wanted to start in the clothing industry your Q5 threads will make less money than q20 fruits that take the same amount of time to research
and because the other player had 20 levels of research (15 more) - would have a higher networth automatically

i think unintended consequences will be to skew the game into a few industries - decreasing choice in a way.

so say that you would rather be an independent, but the noob who starts up and makes grapes and blueberries will make more money (IMO)

what do think of the new research style? Like / Not like / interesting?
Lorenzo Boccaccia
RJ: Mon Opoli
CO: Mon Opoli

+ / -

Total Posts: 80
Not like. This game should have some kind of bonus in specialization. Now billionare can just buy their way out to level 30 without much commitment in r/d and such

It also feels rather strange that now fruits are slower to search than, say, seats or steel.

Also, it makes b2b quality much less relevant. I was depending on high coal and iron for good steel, now I can just buy their research and that makes me a customer less on b2b
Aleksandr Bismarck
RJ: Randy Sweetcakes

+ / -

Total Posts: 7
I think the new research thing might need a little bit more work...

Would you like a slightly nicer coat?

http://i.imgur.com/OIRXK.png

TWO AND A HALF MILLION DOLLARS PLEASE!
zxektok megatron

+ / -

it seems to be like that now - check out the dudes coat.
i have gone up huge levels in certain fruit... but other fruit takes MUCH longer.

for example it takes less time to go from lvl 32->33 in grapes than it does 18->19 with pineapple

i think slight modification would help.
maybe increase the time cost on your products below average Q and decrease the time slightly for products above average Q

basically its a little too extreme on both ends of the scale. Today i have done more research than what many companies have done in a week. There are 3 fruits in particular that can be powerleveled to over q30

is that good or bad? im not sure...
Reiter Hexenmeister
RJ: Ritter Hexenmeister

+ / -

Total Posts: 22
Scott. You have all the reason to affect company networth and prices in average quality basis, but research shall be an advantage for those to invest in that, now if a quality level price is slightly above of few thousands, just wait to some one else raise quality to research my own at ridiculous price (in my first company attempt with a dedicated Beverage R&D of 250 m^2 reach water Q35 took me a around week and half, now in minutes i have reched Q20-30 in all metals and minerals wit a Prospector R&D of 50m^2). At actual rate Q1000 could be reached in a month, if you want to race for quality, maybe lowering research cost to be proportional to 2 or 2.5 insted 3 power or decrease researched quality over time. As say before average quality must affect company networth but research must be harder than now, maybe as before or a little but just a bit easier.
Innocent Bystander
RJ: Matthew Matician

+ / -

Total Posts: 76
In case anyone wasn't already aware of it, there's another thread on the same topic here:

http://www.ratjoy.com/forum/topic/can-i-have-loads-of-free-research-too/

If anyone is interested in getting behind it or critiquing it (and coming up with a better plan), I put forth a proposal near the end of the thread for how research costs might be tweaked.
Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

Post Rating: -1
+ / -

Total Posts: 266
Given that (a) the old R&D system was flawed enough that Scott felt it needed a drastic overhaul, and (b) the drastic overhaul is clearly broken, I started a thread in the Club Rats Den where we can build a new system from scratch in a dedicated thread. Please take ideas over there (-:
Emile Lasto
RJ: Emile Lasto

+ / -

Total Posts: 8
I'm not convinced the new system is "clearly broken". The transition is messy. But I think it should be given at least a few weeks to see what it does.
Gamma Alpha
RJ: Gammatron
CO: Gammatron

+ / -

Total Posts: 104
in weeks everyone will be producing Q60 goods
Innocent Bystander
RJ: Matthew Matician

Post Rating: 4
+ / -

Total Posts: 76
As I've said many times in other places, I have the good fortune of being able to play a game someone else made for free. (Thank you very much Scott/Ratan!) On the other hand, I feel that the most valuable thing I can contribute is my honest feedback. In the case of the latest research changes, I'll say this: the recent changes are highly discouraging to me (not on a personal level but on a global balancing-act level) and if they stick around for a few-days-to-indefinite amount of time, I may increasingly find myself re-evaluating whether I want to keep playing.

(Disclaimer: again, this is not a threat at all--I just want to voice an opinion that others might hold too, so that Scott/Ratan is aware of it.)
Previous [1] 2 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.