Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Minimum order size on B2B

Minimum order size on B2B

David Archer
RJ: BallC
CO: BallC

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 142
We should have the ability to give players discounts for "bulk" purchases through B2B. Right now, if I dump 10 million units out there, some small company can come along and buy just 100 units at my rock bottom price. I'd like to be able to say "must buy at least 100,000" units or even (if it's easier) just the ability to force the purchaser to buy the entire lot (i.e. I can list lots of 1 million apples for $0.60, lots of 100000 for $0.65, and lots of 5000 for $0.75).

Hope that makes sense!
Hyram Bedwetter
RJ: Hyram Bedwetter

+ / -

Total Posts: 14
Agree.
Jayle Trigger
RJ: Berry Punch
CO: Applejack

Post Rating: 4
+ / -

Total Posts: 93
The Unilateral Representative of New Companies(URNC) does not agree.

Your anti-free market ways will hurt small businesses and we motion to stop this legislation in its tracks.
Ay Vee
RJ: Ay Vee

+ / -

Total Posts: 33
I agree with the above poster. Bad for new companies, doesn't really help established companies. If you want to sell 1m at .60, you're not hurt by little guys nibbling a few thousand off at a time-- as long as you sell the whole 1m you get the same amount of money in the end.
N S
RJ: Mr. Woodsworth

+ / -

Total Posts: 4
So what exactly is wrong with smaller companies or new retail owners buying smaller amounts of items? I mean really. I don't agree with this idea at all.
CEO Kogut
RJ: Kogut

+ / -

Total Posts: 29
It may be better to change news to add option to change reporting that company NewCompany1 bought 1000 items of water, NewCompany2 bought 1000 items of water, (...) NewCompany1029 bought 1000 items of water to "X water sold since last visit to this menu"
zxektok megatron
RJ: zxektok

+ / -

Total Posts: 140
what are you selling in big quantities? wink wink ;)
David Archer
RJ: BallC
CO: BallC

+ / -

Total Posts: 142
My main thought was when arranging "trades" or "agreements" between players, it's hard to enforce the trade since I could say "yeh, i'm gonna buy 1M apples from you so give me a discount" and then I only buy 10k. There are other ways to implement the same thing but this is the first thing that sprung to mind. I guess it would hurt new companies a little bit so maybe this implementation isn't the best but the thought behind it is really for direct private-to-private trades. Maybe we just need the ability to set up customized trades (see how any other MMO does it) without going through the public B2B market.
Billy Vierra
RJ: Saffrian
CO: Billy Vierra

+ / -

Total Posts: 84
I agree, there needs to be a way to do purchase orders / contracts. I think it would be better to set it up correctly than to try and modify the market for it. Here are some ideas being tossed around now: http://www.ratjoy.com/forum/topic/purchase-orders/

You need to register or login to post a reply.