Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Company Ads » MERGER: WTA and JETCOOL ANNOUNCEMENT/REQUEST

MERGER: WTA and JETCOOL ANNOUNCEMENT/REQUEST

Ham K
RJ: SoftThenRough
CO: Spartacus

Post Rating: 6
+ / -

Total Posts: 41
TOPIC: Corporate Merger and acquisition.
CC: JetCool

As CEO of World Trade Airlines (WTA), I, SoftthenRough, propose a merger between Wall Street Kid’s Jet cool and World Trade Airlines.

The reason for this corporate merger is because World Trade Airlines is a large manufacturing of aircraft, while JetCool is a mega-store for aircraft. This competition for the sale of aircraft is not healthy for either of our companies, and we wish to cooperate in the sale of wonderful aircraft. This acquisition by WTA would mean a larger outlet for its goods as opposed to its small stores currently and for JetCool it would mean a powerful manufacturing base.

As controlling shareholder of World Trade Airlines; I APPROVE this merger with 77.09% voting YES. JetCool’s CEO Wall Street Kid has already agreed to this in private, but he will post shortly saying he agrees to the terms of the merger.

World Trade Airlines is a public company worth 430M currently with 400M in loans, and JetCool is a private company worth ~500M currently. This will bring our combined NW to 1G with 400M in loans!

We propose a straight up merger of our assets in the following way (Raten, this will need to be done by you):

1. CEO SoftthenRough will split his stock of WTA of 335M shares into two blocks, 270M (62% of total) shares and 62.25M (15% of total) shares. Wall Street Kid will be given 15% of the total shares, which comes from my personal shares. These shares being given to Wall Street Kid are currently worth 1.5G at a current price of $25.04 but he will be given them FREE, as a merger condition.

2. JetCool’s stores will supplement WTA current store space. WTA currently has 1300m^2 and Jet cool has 1160 m^2 of aircraft broker space. His store space should be added to mine in the following way, the combined (2460 m^2) will be divided out into my 5 stores, bringing all 5 current stores up to 492 m^2 each (My stores are 4*300m, 1*100m)

3. JetCool will be liquidated and all cash added to WTA cash funds.
a. Excluding the stores.
b. JetCool will cease to be, having been absorbed into WTA (deleted)

4. CEO of JetCool, Wall Street Kid, will be hired as the CEO of WTA indefinitely with Softthenrough remaining the Chair.
a. JetCool will have full responsibly as CEO and 15% controlling interest.

Gains:

CEO Softthenrough: Will lose 1.5G of NW from stock

CEO Wall Street Kid: Will GAIN 1.5G of NW from stock

World Trade Airlines: Will gain an estimated 500M of cash and NW from JetCool and will gain the stores from JetCool as well.

JetCool: Will be liquidated to an estimated 500M

We firmly believe this will be good for both companies and CEO’s. This will allow us to compete more effectively in the airplane market place. With this merger, we will soon emerge to become THE sole wholesaler and supplier of aeronautics in Eosia.

Since there is no mechanic for mergers yet, we respectfully request that Raten does this for us, we are willing to pay a merger fee of an undisclosed amount directly to Rat Joyce Inc. thank you.

Lovingly,
CEO SoftthenRough, CEO Wall Street Kid

Useful links:
World Trade Airlines: http://www.ratjoy.com/eos/firm/1997
Jet Cool: http://www.ratjoy.com/eos/firm/4568

Innocent Bystander
RJ: Matthew Matician

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 76
From the offices of Strait, Upp, & Lehgit:

We represent Topological Planes (formerly In. Corporation), a private mom-and-pop aeronautics company owned solely by Matt Matician. On the grounds that this is an anti-competitive request designed to seek an advantage in that it grants what would become a single business the benefits of having grown twice as fast (since buildable space is at a premium and since building time is by far the largest constraint to having a successful, large business), we oppose this merger.

Sincerely,
Tyten Strait, Downen Upp, and Max Lehgit
Ham K

Post Rating: 7
+ / -

In response to Innocent Bystander:
We are not growing twice in size, we are merging our assets together! WTA isnt growing out of nowhere, we will be growing from JetCool and the assets that it brings with it. We both have already spent TIME and money on these buildings.

In real life terms, its like Boeing buying a company in Ohio even though its main plant is in Washington state. We wish to acquire the resources that a smaller company has to help grow the overall corporation. Boeing doesn't need to rebuild these facilities, they are already built! They just incorporate them into their supply network. This is just basic economic and corporate strategy.

In game, since corporations cant own other companies yet, adding the store space is THE main purpose of wanting to do this. We both have already paid to increase our store sizes in terms of cash and time, so this merger is just a transitioning of those m^2 into working with WTA like a RL company would.

Also, this is not anti-competitive at all. This just gives us a better hold on OUR two slices of the pie, it lets us consolidate and make costs lower!
Innocent Bystander

Post Rating: -1
+ / -

Innocent Bystander here.

I hear where you're coming from but my point is that time is the biggest limiting factor (since space is at a premium, unlike in real life). It would be unfair for me to found two companies, have them build non-stop for 7 days (for example), then get them to be merged. A single company would take 14 days to build to the same level, and the merged company would have the massive advantage that it could be making money on its factories, stores, etc for a full week extra.

I think a lot of the fun and strategery of the game comes from the slowness it takes to expand, since you then have to ask yourself: do I make my facilities completely useless and build them up so that they're better later or do I build only, say, 1/4th of my buildings up at a time, which will give me most of the revenue in the meantime but a slower expansion.
Ham K

Post Rating: 4
+ / -

Yes and that's why you shouldn't be able to merge two companies that are from the same player/account, they have to be two separate REAL people. Being able to expand by acquisition is all we wish to do.

Its not an argument of being fair, its business. I am PAYING 2G of my stocks out to acquire JetCool's.

To be fair, the time scale of this game is 1 week = 1 year RL, so by that standard, how about the stores are set to build for 24 hours? So they all get upgraded to 396 then set to build for 96 more levels, that would mean ALL the stores would be unusable for 2 months in scaled RL time. That 24 hours would be the process of merging, reorganization, retooling. I think that is a fair compromise.

If an ingame merger is incorporated, there would be no argument here because you would have an option to merge with other companies too =]

Ham K

+ / -

If anything you are trying to stop us from being able to compete with you, you have a 6G company, this merger would only produce a 1G company, so saying this is anti-competitive.... that's not true at all.
Innocent Bystander

+ / -

Innocent Bystander here again, standing in for Matt Matician (and his laywers).

Yes, the mom-and-pop bit was meant to be a jab at myself. :) You'll notice though that Topological Planes has only been a major player for the last week (8 days)--I spent a full week before that deciding to build up with almost no revenue. That was my risk (and my reward). I still think this is an argument of uptime in a factory/store versus increased size of a factory/store and the lack of fairness that combining two companies (regardless of ownership) produces.

Still, no hard feelings however Scott/Ratan decides to rule on this. I just wanted to point out what I thought were some valid points as to why I thought the merger shouldn't go through.

For what it's worth, probably 80% of my net worth is due to sinking tons of money into R&D. In my other businesses where R&D costs so much less, my net worth is way lower even accounting for revenue/profits.
Ham K

+ / -

Risking to spend 7 days constructing is not a risk at all, all it takes is 7 days of taxes saved up, which amounts to less than $15-20M for most companies. 7 days of construction means not much in a browser game...

Anyway: To help raten make a decision, all we want is to merge, and all that means is giving Wall Street Kid 15% of my stock for free and his company NW(Updated) being added directly to WTA in cash. This would allow us you expand to the 492m^2 mark we are looking for easily anyway, it will just take 7 days which is absolutely not a big deal, it is just far more fun if we could start selling right away.

Once Wall Street Kid gets in here and agrees to the terms, just adding his NW in cash to mine will SUFFICE, but it wouldn't make either of us happy, all it will do is mean we get to make planes for a week then crash the market with them =]
address unknown
RJ: DropsySufferer

Post Rating: 5
+ / -

Total Posts: 32
As sole owner of Jet Cool I publicly agree with SoftThenRough's merger proposal.

As to those that who fear the new company will gain an unfair advantage, keep in mind the company will not be owned by one person; Anyone will be free to buy shares. Note this will keep things competitive in the aircraft market as I've noted one of the top five richest players is entering the aircraft industry. I also promise to buy some products from small aircraft vendors to supplement the inventory so no fears on losing a buyer.
Innocent Bystander

+ / -

Against the advice of my lawyers Strait et al., I, Matt Matician, would like to state that I have no issue with the revised proposed merger whereby only Jet Cool's net worth be added to World Trade Airlines in exchange for stock.
Ham K

+ / -

500M cash for 1.5G in stock seems like a really good deal anyway =p
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
OOC Reply from Scott:

I won't be able to do this one manually since there's too many steps involved. I do support the general idea, but for balancing I'd like to do it as the following (once the system is coded):

All factories/stores/r&d pooled together, you'll have to manually select what you'd like to remain (limited by the available land slots from the company with "more land"), everything else will be sold.

(POSSIBILITY: multiple buildings of the same type may be consolidated into a single one based on square root of sum of squares, but to be fair this feature will be open to all companies, not only mergers, if it ever gets done)

Highest research from both companies will remain.

Shares will be redistributed. (Another problem is the networth will surely go down if any building/research/land gets discarded/sold/merged in the process, so an ask/bid system for the stock market will certainly need to be in place before this feature is available)
address unknown
RJ: DropsySufferer

Post Rating: 5
+ / -

Total Posts: 32
I hope this can go through in the near future. It would have been the first EOS merger and a would have been a great company with both our talents combined. As for merger options I'd opt to consolidate multiple buildings of one type into a single one vs pooling as I suspect land would be limited.

Any ETA on when you might add these features?

Ham K

+ / -

Scott:

The NW going down was a major problem I saw with this. That's why I suggested all NW being converted to CASH, minus buildings being placed/combined.

Another problem I saw was straight copying buildings from one company to another, it would happen to work in our case, but not in general. Since real estate is limited, it would do well to put in a mechanism to collapse multiple buildings into one, for a fee of course.

Your method though may be extreme though, doing the root of the sum of the squares of the buildings would take MY sum of 1300 m^2 in 5 buildings, and turn it into 608m^2 in one building, which isnt really good for anyone!

It may just be easier to take the sum of the buildings, and multiply it buy a number below 1 such as .9, and THAT be the new size, that would mean combining buildings would save land, but the cost is that you lose a portion of your space in the combination process. My example, I have 1300 of space, and if added with Wallstreetkids, would bring it to 2460, if I want to combine into one store, it would be 2460*.9=2214, easy math woo!

You need to register or login to post a reply.