Interesting Food Combinations

Previous [1] 2 Next
Christopher Fowler
RJ: W. T. Snacks
CO: Sirkh

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 71
I'm interested in making interesting meals that may not seem appetizing but taste good on a regular basis. Some of those meals I've made include peanut butter and barbecue sauce sandwiches, biscuits and Cajun-spiced gravy with sweet pepper chicken sausage, and french fry and cheese sandwiches.

Has anyone else come up with some combinations other people might not think of offhand that sound weird or unappetizing that taste good, even if it's just to you?
M Burch
RJ: Farmerbob
CO: Farmerbob

+ / -

Total Posts: 151
Pineapple and bananna pepper pizza. I get odd looks every time I order one.

Sweet and sour pizza :)
Christopher Fowler

+ / -

Sounds interesting, though I don't really like peppers in that form myself. Personally I like five cheese SPAM pizza with chili powder dusted on top. It's pretty good in my opinion.
graham shearlaw
RJ: Graham
CO: Funk

+ / -

Total Posts: 48
chedder and choclete sandwiches.
fryed pizza is nice even if you can feel your heart slowing with every bite
Nin Sandhu
RJ: Raskilinov
CO: Raskilinov

+ / -

Total Posts: 32
Frank Skinner said he likes making hot Brussels Sprout sandwiches and cheese.
That the heat from the Brussels Sprouts melts the cheese and the contrast from the cheese is enough to offset the sprouts.

Lets be honest here: He a had a drinking problem; and you hear ideas like this - well I'm not surprised mate.
Paul Jikanski
RJ: Paul Jikanski
CO: Paul Jikanski

+ / -

Total Posts: 194
My grandma makes hotdogs (sliced up) and potatos (also sliced up) mixed with vinigar and other things in a pressure cooker... if you don't cook it right it doesnt taste very good but if you get the mixture right its delish
Graham Freeman
RJ: Rick Castle
CO: Hugh Jassets

+ / -

Total Posts: 15
Sliced apple and cheese sandwiches are great.

The local bar sells Elvis burgers - regular burger with bacon, peanut butter and banana. It tastes amazing.

French fries and mayo is the national dish of Belgium I think.
Paul Jikanski

+ / -

I've been getting a sandwich from a local pizzaria called "The Stinger" they use a sub roll and has chicken tenders, shaved steak, provolone cheese, and whatever kind of sauce you want on it (I get medium BBQ) it's like 12 dollars but worth it it's so good and its a lot of food (foot long roll with tons of meat)

Sometimes I dip my fries in mayo along with the ketchup, and chicken too.
Christopher Fowler
RJ: Kris Fallamos
CO: Chloe Blossom

+ / -

Total Posts: 18
Since last posting in this thread I've come to like peanut butter and barbecue sauce sandwiches very much. I also like white rice with barbecue sauce, chicken instant ramen with country gravy mixed in, and oatmeal with butter mixed in. They're all pretty good as far as I'm concerned.

Also speaking of sandwiches, whenever I go to Subway I always order a foot-long meatball marinara on sourdough with cheddar cheese, parmesean cheese and chipotle southwest sauce. It runs about maybe $7 and is just a little treat for myself once in a while. Though there is an interesting thing about Subway's foot-long sandwiches - they are actually eleven inches long.
Paul Jikanski

+ / -

When there's not much to eat sometimes we'll cook white rice in ground beef with just seasonings. Actually really tasty for a cheap meal.

And about the subway rolls. You know how the ends are rounded? Maybe they measure from end to end, stopping where it starts to round off.
Christopher Fowler
RJ: Kris Fallamos
CO: Chloe Blossom

+ / -

Total Posts: 18
White rice with ground beef and seasonings sounds pretty good right about now. I haven't bought ground beef in a long time since it's kind of expensive here. I instead get my beef at barbecues held at this complex during the warmer months, where I'll make double cheeseburgers with four slices of cheese instead of two.
Paul Jikanski

+ / -

On a side note. We'll also be buying a section of a cow. I think the pricing last I checked was about 250 USD for a quarter of a cow, which comes pre-packaged with various cuts from Tbone steak to ground beef. You can save a lot of money doing this. We keep it in a big deep freezer (aka chest feezer, I think ours is 14 cubic feet) so the meat will last a very very long time, just take out what you plan on eating. It's also usually very high quality because it comes from fresh locally, never processed never frozen farms.
Christopher Fowler

+ / -

I would consider doing such a thing if $250 USD wasn't about how much I am able to spend on groceries in a month due to my fixed income and having to pay close to around two-thirds of it just for this apartment. That and if I had more food storage than a mini-fridge. Then again beef is kind of a pain for me to cook or prepare properly as I usually end up burning it if I don't have access to a grill of some kind. I can make some pretty good hamburgers on a grill, provided that the smoke doesn't get into my eyes like it usually does.
Paul Jikanski

Post Rating: -1
+ / -

We're doing it with tax returns. And we have a 14 foot chest freezer to store it in. If you burn stuff you just gotta keep a better eye on it. Whenever I cook something (rarely) I stand in the kitchen till it's done so it doesn't burn. Most times when stuff burns it's because you stopped paying attention and started messing with something else or walked into another room. And burgers should only really smoke like that if lots of stuff is dropping down onto the flame, which shouldn't really happen with just a burger. Try wearing sunglasses or something or swimming goggles next time lol.
Christopher Fowler

+ / -

The sunglasses or swimming goggles bit won't be doable since I'm nearsighted and require the use of prescription glasses. Furthermore I live in a very windy part of California and when it is barbecue season it is also the same time that the wind starts to get ridiculous and thus regardless of the circumstances smoke will get into my eyes. It probably doesn't help that I'm also allergic to smoke.
Christopher Fowler

+ / -

Back on topic, ever since I was a kid I loved to dip peanut butter sandwiches in various kinds of pudding as well as put potato chips in between my sandwiches. I also like putting french fries on my hamburgers, which I for some reason refer to as a McPotato. Oh, and I like this particular kind of sweet dip that is made from marshmallow cream and cream cheese blended together. It goes good with graham crackers or vanilla wafers.
Previous [1] 2 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.