Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Off-Topic Discussion » I wish I had learned computer coding

I wish I had learned computer coding

Andrew Carnegie
RJ: Andrew Carnegie
CO: Andrew Carnegie

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 94
over 10 years ago, I had to drop out of college. I had planned to study computer programming, and would love to have written a computer simulation from the perspective of how central banks grossly distort global capital markets. (In fact, I used a very primitive version of this idea, at the level of one bank, using an Excel spreadsheet, starting in 1979, when inflation was our world's economic problem.)

I had no idea in 2002 history's largest credit bubble was underway, due to dangerously lax central bank policies. We've all seen the results since 2007.

I love watching Capitalism in action, and I find it interesting that right now, we're seeing how real capitalism can get so distorted, with one or more players having chosen to raise prices on electricity, and then other players, rather than trying to gain market share by undercutting those prices by one red cent, simply follow along, increasing costs all along the supply chain.

this is exactly what The Fed, The Bank of England, the Bank of Japan, the ECB, and the People's Bank of China (plus assorted other central banks) are guilty of. They do not let the marketplace set the real price of money, as textbook economics tells us is supposed to take place.

The only legitimate role of a central bank is to facilitate the smooth processing of transfers from one bank to another, and to regulate vigorously the capital safety of the financial system.

When central banks decide where to allocate capital, as we see today, that is no longer capitalism: that is state - sponsored central government planning. I thought the U.S. spent 45 years fighting such central economic planning.

guess I was mistaken.
Stuart Rene LaJoie
RJ: FakeMan
CO: Dell Conagher

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 7
Yay modern government!

You need to register or login to post a reply.