Ratjoy.com » Forums » Ratjoy.com General Discussion » Game Idea

Game Idea

Corey Johnson
RJ:
CO: CBJ Industries

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 2
Lately, I've been thinking of a way to revive this game. Honestly, I don't think it's possible without talking to it's original creator who seems to have moved on with life. So creating a completely new and better one would be awesome. Here's what I'm thinking. What if I created a game like
Bruce Heitz
RJ: Berkeley Food & Farm
CO: Berkeley

+ / -

Total Posts: 162
A few people have already made new versions. However, none of them are quite as good as this one. If we could just get some more people to play this one, it would help.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
The core of the original game was made in <1 month with just PHP/HTML/CSS/JS, as a side project, and the forum was coded in about a day. All on the side of having a full-time job.

So it's really not that hard if you just start doing it from scratch.

Unfortunately, if I have to do it nowadays it'd probably take me many months now because more experience somehow translates to tougher requirements, and because now you'd have to handle mobile (with various screen sizes and aspect ratios).

For starters, I'd recommend picking ONE of the following categories and just dive in to create the bare bones. Before you know it you'd have learned at least one new language and a framework.

Cross-Platform: Unity / Godot / Cocos / NativeScript
Native iOS: Swift
Native Android: Kotlin / Java
Web: Typescript / Javascript
Chris B
RJ:
CO: Sarstan Soler

+ / -

Total Posts: 1
Wait, is the source for this game available? Someone else mentioned they were reviving the game. Honestly I'd love to have a look at it myself. Not sure I'd be up for making a revival, but would be nice to have a basis for some other projects.
Vengador The 37th
RJ: Vengador73
CO: Vengador73

+ / -

https://github.com/yisyang/eos
Michael Carlos
RJ: MC
CO: Michael 2

+ / -

Any returning players from circa 2015-2022? hahah took a break after the FB log in so going to start again new

Still top 3 on fame Level
MC

You need to register or login to post a reply.