Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » funding

funding

Henrik Hedegaard
RJ: Henrik Hedegaard
CO: Dimex

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 6
how do you plan to fund this game? there will be server cost and some to your self

i hope there wont be anything like PAY to WIN things in here.
I my would gladly pay 5$ per month if all in the game was equal.

i hope you find a clever way
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 21
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Right now the cost is really just time (yes... a lot of time). But you guys made it worthwhile.

The AWESOME hosting I'm getting now is only $10/month.

After v1.0, if we get enough players to require a private server, I may be offering a $6/month optional VIP package. But I'll try to make it unnecessary as the goal of the game is (taken from main page):

"The ultimate goal of Economies of Scale is to provide a deep, engaging, persistent world that encourages freedom and social mobility, and treats all players equally without regards to in-game age, real life cash, and real life spare time."

Fun Facts:

I've been contacted multiple times in-game regarding this question, and I'd like to say this game started out as my attempt to satisfy my own gaming needs :-) But of course with an awesome community here it just gets more and more interesting.

At first I thought about a micro-transaction model with hopes of actually getting those "irrational" people with tons of $ to spend, but then you guys convinced me the micro-transaction model had ruined too many games, so that's no longer an option. Besides, those people will probably be scared away by the store sales chart and the stock market screen anyway.

No matter what, I'll be offering the game free of charge forever, because with a B2B system and a supply/demand system that'll be here soon, more players = more fun. The optional VIP package will be there for supporters but won't cause any major difference in gameplay.

You need to register or login to post a reply.