Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Stock Market Discussion » Eki Co. Stocks

Eki Co. Stocks

Hajji Pajji
RJ: Trade Merchant
CO: VonDutch

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 194
Yesterday Eki Co. had four companies minority shares for sale (names like Airbus/Boeing/Orpheus). Since it was the first day if sale I watched them and two new players paid roughly $300,000 a share and they received roughly 1% minority stake. I followed suit and bought some shares as well.

I then got a message that Eki Co. Has sold all four companies to Thracian.... I thought that was quick, since only minority claims were available yesterday.

When I looked I seen all four companies were sold four $1 a share. Now that part upset me. Not the whole possible inside trading for an unfair price part, but the fact that how it went down and new players who've I've attempted to personally help play this game, hoping they would have fun and stay, have been screwed out of millions by dirty veterans who haven't screwed them the capiltalist way, but by cheating....

I don't know if I'm right or the whole story, so I thought I'd let everyone know.

Also, I found it would be nice to have a player search (to see if Eki. Still plays) and also a link to the player profiles when one player assume control of a company from another
dan bra
RJ: King
CO:

+ / -

Total Posts: 55
there is a player search. messages> compose message> magnifying glass icon
M Burch
RJ: Farmerbob
CO: Farmerbob

+ / -

Total Posts: 151
This is the sort of thing which I believe the court used to handle. I've never seen the court function but I've heard little bits.

At the very least there should be some sort of complaint & compliment feature that can be levied against both companies and players, which would work in a way similar to how seller ratings work in real world auction sites.

Complaints and complements would need to be public, to make underhanded manipulation obvious. Again, I'll say again, NOT to stop underhanded manipulation, but to make it obvious :P
Hajji Pajji

+ / -

Agreed.

I have no crystal ball, but I assume what happened was Eki starts new companies, and (since Thracian had more than 10) then sells them for $1/share to Thracian

My problem is the PO stocks that were sold for $300,000/share the day before this. To new players who were caught in the middle.
dan bra
CO:

+ / -

the major issue here is that one can open multiple accounts and make couple new companies, after 2 weeks public and transfer to the main account. that way to get companies and land space for almost free. this is not ok.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
"there is lots o f players who own more than 10 companies and unbeliveble cash can you explain this"

Yes. Some few of them have earned it.
However....

Before the current fiasco with the stock market, one of the benefits of public companies was the ability to borrow huge sums of money, suck out the cash through various B2B manipulations, and leave the shells hanging around with giant debts that could never be repaid. Often, these players would also sell all the buildings back and truly leave a company on paper that had zero value after letting the cheating owners bilk billions out of the game's flaws, usually at the expense of shareholders that owned nearly half the shares in these shells, bought at the value of the companies at their height, before the fleecing began through the B2B.

It is true that many of these deals were handled in court. I still have a litigation pending there for one myself. But it is not clear what the current thinking is on these deals. Scott has vacillated between wanting an honest market, and a buyer-beware scam market. And of course, he has gone silent again of late. Hopefully he will address these concerns soon. A genuine market Listing Board of Bids/Asks would go a long way to both create transparency, and to create a record of those backdoor transactions. And a viable court has to be set up again.
Hajji Pajji

+ / -

So you admit you cheated to get more because I have more?

You can't say "I'm new" your players older than I am, even a new player would know multiple accounts is cheating.

Now I will explain how I have so many companies (legally). Not to defend myself, but to describe how someone else could do the same.

To be honest I don't think I even created the 10 company limit. I came into this game at a time when there were many public companies with no majority owners, so I pooled all my cash and would buy one more company at a time. Sometimes an owner with multiple companies would sell them all at once when they retired, and I bought more and more. Other times having the reputation that I do, people would message when they wanted to downgrade, so they'd sell me one or two companies for cash and use that to run the single company that had time for.

Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
So, Hajji, you are saying you got your wealth the old fashioned way, by earning it? What a great concept! It proves that hard work, (so to speak) can pay off in this game and players can achieve greatness without cheating. Nicely done.
dan bra
CO:

+ / -

i still hope sometime soon there will a game restart that will make everyone start from fresh and then we can start playing this game the way. i know you all will be against it but its the right thing to do, no game last forever. at least start a second server
Hajji Pajji

+ / -

Just to add to my complaint:

Eki Co. Started Nike and Adidas and sold to OccupyGezi (the artist formerly know as Thracian) again.

Not like anyone believed it, but the whole, "I'm new and didn't know thing" cannot apply again

Thanks for tainting my game Occupy

You need to register or login to post a reply.