Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Ratjoy.com General Discussion » Does the game need NPC's?

Does the game need NPC's?

Hajji Pajji
RJ: Trade Merchant
CO: VonDutch

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 194
For some of us old timers, the game did not always have NPC companies.

I did prefer to not have them, but for some things I think they are nice.

Do you think the game benefits from having NPC companies?
Bruce Heitz
RJ: Berkeley Food & Farm
CO: Berkeley

+ / -

Total Posts: 162
NPC producers, yes. NPC sellers, no.

If you've ever played Simunomics, you can understand that they can be a bigger problem than what they are worth.
Hajji Pajji

+ / -

What if you ran them as poor businesses who supplied the basic materials. Like you stated in the last post, this would help new players have items to sell, they may be lower quality but at least the supply would be constant.
Bruce Heitz

+ / -

We need to have a guaranteed supply of basic materials for each product line in the game. Without a constant supply of basic product such as Q0 for electricity, natural gas, coal and water, it would encourage speculation like we see now in EoS. Which is where the NPC would be a benefit. But to have the NPC also retail would not be good.
Hajji Pajji

+ / -

I agree with the first part. It would be nice for Business X to have a constant supply of electricity at "20cents" so it would not undercut other business, but be a constant supply for all.

When you say retail, do you mean the NPC should not buy products in return? RatJoy currently does that.
Bruce Heitz

+ / -

It does in small quantities if the price is low enough. What I guess I should have said is that the NPC should not retail what the player don't sell of the total demand. In Simunomics, if the players sell a total of 40% of the demand, the NPC sells the remaining 60%. I wouldn't want to see that be the case here. If the NPC is set similar to EoS, it wouldn't be a problem to have the NPC do a small amount of buying from producers.
Hajji Pajji

+ / -

I agree, and I don't like that sim concept.

What I'm leaning towards is the ability to setup and auto-sell (opposite of buy request).

To me that would void the reason to have NPCs essentially do the same thing...?

You need to register or login to post a reply.