Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Demand Hard Cap

Demand Hard Cap

Jayle Trigger
RJ: Berry Punch
CO: Applejack

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 93
Forgive my ignorance if it is already like that...

With limited store space coming in... hitting 100% demand should be that. It is 100% met and not 1 more item will be sold.

It would promote store competition and encourage players to diversify their products instead of having half the players piling onto a few golden eggs and profiting a lot from it...

Ya know... I'd personally dedicate a brand new company to sell the high margin stuff just to kill my competition's profits if I'm able to... >.>
Marshall Delstrego
RJ: Marshall Delstrego
CO: Marshall Delstrego

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 50
Wouldn't this result in:
BallC with 4 quintillion square meters of store space puts up 15 trillion apples, which get swept up in the first few seconds of the day, and nobody else can sell anything?
Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 214
Yea it would be a disaster. Either there needs to be tons more items all the time to sell or the "economy" expanding really quickly for this to work.
Jayle Trigger
RJ: Berry Punch
CO: Applejack

Post Rating: 5
+ / -

Total Posts: 93
No, I'm of the understanding that demand is per tic and not first come first serve. Forgive my ignorance if I am wrong on that count.

BallC with his 4 quintillion square meters would not get first crack at all the sales, if other players are in the same market... they would get a portion of the sales. Obviously, BallC would get most of the sales, if there are no other big players/not enough players with enough stores competing for the sales.

For example:
Demand is 1000
BallC sells quality 30 product at $100 with a size 750 store, imagine he sells 100% of demand at that arrangement, with no competition.
Competitor comes into business with same quality and same price, but with 250 store size.

BallC sells 75% / 750 items
Competitor sells 25% / 250 items

More players getting into the same product would take out of BallC's and Competitor's sales share.
And that is not even getting into marketing, quality, and different sale prices.
------------------------
I think I clarified it all good like...
At least that is how I imagine it should be...

You need to register or login to post a reply.