Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Converting to a lower quality

Converting to a lower quality

Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 266
I have some goods where, due to ongoing R&D, I have smallish amounts in three or four different qualities.

This is fine as long as I'm selling the stuff in a shop. But if I want to take my different-quality butters and turn them all into pastry dough, I wind up either with factory downtime or an annoyed wife wondering why my alarm woke her up at 2:37 AM. And the problem cascades, because I also wind up with three different qualities of pastry dough and now I need to run my apple pies in three small batches.

I came up with a variety of workarounds for this problem, and this is by far the simplest: Could we have a "downgrade" button for goods, so that I could say take my Q5 butter and turn it into Q3 butter?
zxektok megatron
RJ: zxektok

+ / -

Total Posts: 140
LOL
Chad the Launderer
RJ: Synreal
CO: Synreal

+ / -

Total Posts: 148
Haha.. I actually like that... but I think he is making a feature to combine qualities.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
It's been sitting on the list for about a week already, but I suppose I'll be moving this to tonight so your wife doesn't get arrested for domestic violence :-)

EDIT:
Forgot to mention earlier, don't set the alarm. The game will get even more complicated and addictive and I don't want you to lose sleep over it.
The in-game networth and cash and so on and so forth are just very big numbers, nothing more :-P
Mister Death

+ / -

I was engaging in hyperbole; don't worry, I can tell the difference between a game and real life (-:
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Done, you can sleep well now :-)
It's available from your warehouse.

Now I need to get some sleep.
Mister Death

+ / -

Heh, it doesn't quite work the way I expected...

I didn't want to convert ALL my Q26 water to Q25 water, just enough to do a 12-hour run of my goods in one particular factory where the quality bump wouldn't affect it. Any way we can get something like that?
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Somehow when I was making the system I knew you (or someone else) would ask this question... and then someone will ask for a function to automatically calculates input quantities in order to reach a quality X without wasting additional total quality.

So I guess the answer is no right now :-)

(But if you don't mind taking extra steps and manual calculations, you can always list something on the b2b, convert the rest, and take off that listing)

You need to register or login to post a reply.