Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Contributing to building costs

Contributing to building costs

Nin Sandhu
RJ: Raskilinov
CO: Raskilinov

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 32
Suggestion: Contributing to expansion costs.

If we can't afford to pay the full cost for quick expansions, how about players being able to contribute to existing expansion costs?
The trade being that the waiting time is deducted for any down payments made.

Why: ....sigh...getting inpatient waiting for another 167hrs to "zip" by.

Thoughts?

Regards
Raskilinov
ace blank
RJ: Ace123
CO:

+ / -

Total Posts: 1
totaly
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
In RL expansions can easily take more than a year, or even multiple years to complete. In this game, one week is the equivalent of one year, I believe. So, your 167 hours is potentially pretty realistic.

In the gaming world, patience is a virtue and all else is a desire to cheat.

Ok, that doesn't have the zing I was looking for. No Sis-boom-bah. No Razza-mattaz.
It just doesn't have the punch.
I will work on it.
Any suggestions?
Paul Jikanski
RJ: Paul Jikanski
CO: Paul Jikanski

+ / -

Total Posts: 194
I think that is a great idea. I also agree with Goode. But I also somewhat disagree. It is true that IRL expansions can easily take well over a year, and the 167 hours being realistic for gameplay. But then again, this is a game. We can instantly complete the expansion given we have enough money and influence. That is not realistic at all. Raskilinov's idea would actually make it slightly more realistic than the current workings.

For example.
IRL you begin expansion. You hire the people to do the job. A month or two later (a day gametime?) your previous order is filled and you collect a good profit on the deal(B2B products selling?), now you have a decent amount of capital to spend. Or, your bank loan is accepted and comes in, and now you have a large amount of cash to spend on improvements to increase revenue.
However you don't quite have enough cash or business connections to hire a large enough team to get the entire job done quick.
What do you do? Hire a better team of construction workers, or another entire team, to speed up the expansion progress. Maybe have 1 team working on another room and the other team working on a second floor or basement expansion, for example.

I don't know much about programming, but I assume it wouldn't be too hard considering some of the features already in the game that I'm sure would require much harder mathematics to code.
M Burch
RJ: Farmerbob
CO: Farmerbob

+ / -

Total Posts: 151
The way I've always seen the ability to fasttrack the constructions of new facilities is simply that the company bought a facility that met their needs from somewhere or someone else, and repurposed / retooled it.

For instance, if my steel company wanted another iron mine, I could spend years arranging for and beginning operations at a brand new mine, or I might just buy an existing mine.
Paul Jikanski
RJ: Paul Jikanski
CO: Paul Jikanski

+ / -

Total Posts: 194
That makes sense Bob, but what about the fact that you could start your own new mine instead of purchasing an existing one ----

Right now you could start construction on that mine, get half way through, then instantly complete the rest. How would that work...? Do you scrap the mine you built half way to purchase a new one for half price? Makes no sense. I suppose if you sold the half built mine first that would explain the price...

The way you stated makes sense only if you rush the construction as soon as you start it, getting half way done then rushing construction makes that logic not work...
M Burch
RJ: Farmerbob
CO: Farmerbob

+ / -

Total Posts: 151
Well, I'd say that the "real world" implementation of finishing a project in this game halfway through is that you half finished what you were working on, then decided to buy a different facility, and sold what you had already half-built to another company. This does occur in real life fairly regularly. Companies find a better solution halfway through a project, and move to that solution, and either repurpose what they had already started, or sell it to someone else.

You need to register or login to post a reply.