Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Contest 3 - Player/Company Titles (Ended)

Contest 3 - Player/Company Titles (Ended)

Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Everyone wants to have nice titles:
Tycoon, Billionaire, Master of the Universe

The problem is there are only so many good ones to go around, and for each "Tycoon" there needs to be hundreds of thousands of more modest titles: "Worker", "Janitor", "Dishwasher", ...

and apparently calling the owner of a "Large Enterprise" a "Manager" is plain misleading, so here is the contest:

Come up with as many titles as you can think of, for company and player, that are not already in the list below:

Company Titles:
"Garage Shop", "Fledgling Start-Up", "Start-Up", "Small Enterprise", "Medium Enterprise", "Large Enterprise", "Nano Cap", "Micro Cap", "Small Cap", "Mid Cap", "Large Cap", "Conglomerate", "Large Conglomerate", "MNC", "Corporate Empire"

Player Titles:
"Student", "Businessman", "Entrepreneur", "Millionaire", "Manager", "General Manager", "CEO", "Chairman", "Capitalist", "Billionaire", "Industrialist", "Tycoon", "Trillionaire", "Dynast", "Deity"

Notes about the current list: there are 15 items in each list currently to match the 15 levels in the game (from level 0 to 14)

As usual, contest ends on a Saturday:
Feb. 3, 6:00 P.M.
Chad the Launderer
RJ: Synreal
CO: Synreal

+ / -

Total Posts: 148
In no particular order:

Player Title:
"Street Peddler", "Swap Meet Booth Operator", "Door to Door Salesman", "Sheisty Salesman", "Telemarketer", "Venture Capatilist", "Robber Baron", "Financial Magnate", "Industrial Magnate", "King of Capital", "Shrewd Buisnessman", "Shrewd Capitalist", "Venture Capitalist", "Innovator", "Operator", "Executive", "Slumlord".

Company Title:
"Glorified Garage Sale", "Glorified Yard Sale"
Karim Shibl
RJ: karim shibl
CO: hamdy

+ / -

Total Posts: 62
English isn't my native language. so it's some kinda hard for me. but i think adding super or superb or multi before player titles would be good
multi millionaire for example.
Walter Yorkshire
RJ: Walter Yorkshire
CO: Walter Yorkshire

+ / -

Total Posts: 132
I am of the opinion that most of the player and company names are already well chosen with the exception of four player titles. "Manager", "General Manager", "CEO", "Chairman" refer to company positions which may not make sense depending on the company (and I believe are the cause of this contest in the first place)

So I will give no entries for Company and will instead just give one for Players.

Small-time Businessman
Well-to-do Businessman
Wealthy Businessman
Rising Entrepreneur
Successful Entrepreneur
Millionaire
Multi-Millionaire
Blooming Capitalist
Flourishing Capitalist
Triumphant Capitalist
Billionaire
Multi-Billionaire
Cutthroat Tycoon

(Will be editing these somewhat, need to refine and add more to it)

Garry Hurst
RJ: jackosbournelookalike
CO: jackosbournelookalike

+ / -

Total Posts: 151
First I would like to post Player titles only!

Player Titles:

Bottle Washer, Peddelar, Promoter, Executive assistant, Chief Business Development Officer, Managing director, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Research Officer, Chief visionary officer, Director, President, Treasurer, Super Visor, Foreman, Vice President, Vice Chairman, Commissioner, Media liason, Public Relations Manager, Managing Director, Executive Director, Associate, Officer, Analyst, Visionary, Partner, Silent Partner, Risk Taker, Stockholder, Major Stock Holder, Activist, Chief Strategic Planning Officer, Auditor, Strategist, Quadrillionaire, Quintillionaire, Sextillionaire, Septillionaire, Octillionaire, Googolionaire, Lead Paradigm Strategist, Senior Markets Executive, Global Markets Administrator, Director Of Import Sales, Director Of Export Sales, Forward Research Planner, Chief Mobility Liason, Dynamic Implementation Representative, Global Implementation Engineer, Regional Tactical Advisor, Global Manager, Global Mougle, Global Administrative Assistant, Global Economic Advisor, Global Economic Development Officer, Regional Optimization Developer, swindler, vanguard, super tycoon, uber tycoon, ultra Tycoon, Ultimate tycoon, Mr. Economics, Master Economist, Extreme Economist, God Of Economics, Extreme Tycoon, Master Manipulator,

Need more?
Garry Hurst

+ / -

Company Types were a little harder to come up with but so far here is the list that I have created.

Company types:

Small Time Operation, Large Operation, Big Operation, Major Operation, Massive Operation, Street Merchant, Shop, sole proprietorship, General partnership, LLC, LLLP, PLLC, Professional corporation, Local Power, State Power, National Power, International Power, Global Presence, Global Power, Universal Presence, Godly Power, Influential, Industrial startup, Industrial presence, Industrial Power House, Global Super Power, Department Store,
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

As usual, contest ends on a Saturday:
Mar. 3, 6:00 P.M.
Garry Hurst

+ / -

hmmmmm you mean march? :P
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Right... Fixed.
Garry Hurst

+ / -

interestingly enough you never listed rewards?
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Guess this one will depend on my mood then :-)
Garry Hurst

+ / -

:D lol
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Based on the entries, I have decided to give out rewards this way:

Rewards will be given out as influence based on my ratings,
with 1000 influence given to a 5/5 rating, and 0 to a 0/5 rating.

My ratings are as follows:

Walter - 4.5/5.0 - Very organized list, wish there were more.
Garry - 4.2/5.0 - Lots of stuff... it'll work when you apply this tactics to essays and lap reports, Mr. Uber Economics
Chad - 3.0/5.0 - Interesting names, could be useful if karma comes into play
Karim - 2.8/5.0 - No list provided but suggestion is useful, adding multi does make sense.
Garry Hurst

+ / -

I got a little lazy on this one..... I had a few better ideas after I posted but was too lazy to list them, if you wish I can e-mail them to you.... but it won't be till at least Tuesday, small list but may be closer to some of the things you want.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

It's alright, you still got something like a B+

This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments.