Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Chemical Industry is SERIOUSLY underrepresented: Fertilizer

Chemical Industry is SERIOUSLY underrepresented: Fertilizer

Gilbert Brønhauer
RJ: Dr. Walkinshaw PhD

Post Rating: 4
+ / -

Total Posts: 3
Add fertilizer requirement to all farm production. Rename petrochemical plant to chemical plant and add the following steps of fertilizer production to chemical plant and mine.

Step 0 in Mine:
Sodium Nitrate production using electricity and water.

Step 1 in Chemical Plant:
Natural gas + (FREE AIR!) + water -> Ammonia.

Step 2 in Chemical plant:
Sodium Nitrate + Ammonia -> Fertilizer.
Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 266
I've been thinking along these lines...

It's possible to grow stuff without using any fertilizer (and herbicides/pesticides) but you take a serious hit to your quality (and yield). (On the plus side, you then get to sell it as "organic", which makes no sense to me as a chemist's son, because every living thing has carbon atoms in its makeup and is by definition organic.)

Long term, it would be neat if there were "optional ingredients" such as these that you could add to improve yield and/or quality.

And don't forget Step 3 - Fertilizer + gasoline = ANFO. Sabotage, anyone? (-:
Gilbert Brønhauer

+ / -

Also I forgot to mention but chemicals should be re-termed petrochemicals, and used for all of the items they're used for minus balloons. Balloons should be made from helium, mined at a chemical plant. (fraction distilled from liquefied air at the plant presumably) This may also spark a need for cryo nitrogen.
Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

+ / -

Total Posts: 266
Helium isn't (commercially) distilled from air, since it occurs in significant quantities in some natural gas reserves. (Air is the only source of the other noble gases, which makes them substantially more expensive.)
Gilbert Brønhauer

+ / -

That's true, but then it would need to be separated from lng in a chemical plant. Two step process to make party balloons? This game needs airships if helium is to be used for anything.
Nils Reino
RJ: Roma Riyadh
CO: Dalada

+ / -

Total Posts: 4
If you would do this also add fertilizer as a product of cattle.
zxektok megatron
RJ: zxektok

+ / -

Total Posts: 140
i prefer fertilizer to be made on a livestock farm
it would be quicker and easier to do
and can be an additional ingredient to make crops/fruits to increase production by 10%

it would just be a tick box i would think

"do you want to use fertilizer?" yes/no/tick
if yes then auto bar(product calc)to max out when fertilizer runs out.

otherwise all crops would have 2 ways of making it - 1 with and 1 without (a bit like cereal)

You need to register or login to post a reply.