Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Bug Report: Tech Discrepancy

Bug Report: Tech Discrepancy

Erving Maxwell
RJ: Erving Maxwell

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 25
I'm sure someone already told you about this. My fruit farm says that it can only grow oranges because I haven't done basic research on other fruits, but my tech lab shows 10 or 20 tech level for those fruits.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Actually, no one told me this, I'll look into it.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Thanks for the report, it was confirmed and corrected, and I can't believe I made that oversight...

The problem was due to a function that checks for existing technology from EVERYONE (not just the user),

It was a big bug in terms of usability, so let me know what reward you want:
1000 influence (about 83 hours of building construction time after player level 5)
or 1 mil player cash (can be transferred to company through settings)
Erving Maxwell

+ / -

I'll take the cash thanx $)
Erving Maxwell

+ / -

I found another bug where a store (the supermarket) which is selling a product will only sell a few until it gets to the last few minutes of the Operation. I'm looking at it right now (almost done) and it seems like it's going to sell the rest rapidly, but I'm not sure.

EDIT: actually the display for the Sale Operation only shows units which have not yet been sold, as if that number were the total amount that you started with.

EDIT 2: when you open the store dialog you also get the money from the units sold since the last time you opened the dialog.

EDIT 3: I'm not sure if you intended it that way?
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Yeah, that was intended so you don't have to cancel and sell again just in case you needed a little more cash to do something else...

Any suggestions to make the wording better?

(and reward added)
Erving Maxwell

+ / -

Well I noticed that production and selling work differently:

Production gives you nothing until it's all done, but you can cancel in order to get the goods you already produced and a refund for the raw materials you didn't use.

Selling just gives you the money you already earned when you open up the store's dialog (without cancelling), and makes it appear as if you had just started the selling process with as many units as you had actually not yet sold. You can see the counter for units sold start to rise from zero, even though you started earlier.

Is that the way you intended it?
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Yes.

I can make production that way too, if needed.

Do you think I should make the wording better?

In addition, currently the server "resets" at 1 A.M. server time, and all store sales will update as if you clicked on them at 23:59:59 on the previous day. (This is to make sure all revenues and networth calculations are up-to-date for use in the company history graph)
Erving Maxwell

+ / -

I've been thinking that maybe the updating should be hourly. It would feel more comfortable and up-to-date.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

I'll definitely think about this one.

EDIT: In fact, hourly update allows hourly product PRICING update too, so I will do this at some point.
Erving Maxwell

+ / -

I really wish other people would post on the forum...
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Well, there are a total of 4 users on the forum so far, besides myself, think I'll vote for the game now
Dani Jonker
RJ: Darkdani51
CO: darkdani51

+ / -

Total Posts: 34
Im sure in 2013 more then 120 players will come to play this game.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

I'm sure if I just start working on Android (for tablets like Amazon Fire) or finish the Facebook App (much easier), then we can reach that number before March

Too bad I don't have a Mac :-( (and I don't have enough free $$$ to buy one and then buy the iOS dev package right now)

You need to register or login to post a reply.