Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Basket of Goods

Basket of Goods

Paul ee
RJ: Paulee

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 3
I like the idea of running a store that sells a realistic variety of goods/products but it'll take me about a million clicks to go into each product, buy a supply and then set the selling price.

It would be quite nice if you could buy (and obviously sell) 'baskets' of goods.

E.g. If i produce lemons, limes and mango I could sell them as a 'basket' of say 500 of each for price X (based on a unit price of Y per lemon, Z per lime etc.). People could then 'combine' items to help (lazy) people stock their shelves more efficiently. Obviously there'd be a trade off so someone could charge me more for the convenience of a basket than the individual items worth themselves.

Josh Millard
RJ: Tex Corman
CO: J. Quaff Arabica

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 167
Hmm. Maybe organized by store type, as pre-fab inventory collections? Like, a Cafe Pack would contain some mix of items that will sell at a cafe (breads, coffee, pie, etc) and nothing else, a Farmer's Market would contain only FM stuff (fruits, veg, etc)? If the contents are constrained by the game to those store inventory types, it would make the packs fairly quick to at least spit-take assess by buyers, no need to worry someone is selling you a bunch of fruit and also their excess leather shoes that you can't do anything with.

The tricky thing would be figuring out how to quickly surface information on the actual contents of a pack on the B2B marketplace. I guess just a "what's inside" button on the listing on B2B could do it.

I like the idea as far as it addresses the fiddliness of managing store inventory (I got out of the Farmer's Market biz specifically because I found it too tedious to both grow and sell a wide variety of fruit and vegetables, clicking-wise and manual-production-queuing-wise).

But this would be solving the problem on the store/buyer's side but not on the factory/producer's side, unless there was a whole toolset for designing a Pack once and automatically stocking that as a product with a quick push of a button rather than an "and add THIS @ cost_x, and add THIS @ cost_y, and..." process.

You need to register or login to post a reply.