Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Balancing the entry-level fruits?

Balancing the entry-level fruits?

Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

Post Rating: 40
+ / -

Total Posts: 266
As a side effect of my supermarket math excursion, I found that some of the "basic" fruits are intrinsically more useful than others. Bananas, for example, can be used as an ingredient in banana sorbet and ... well, that's pretty much it, while at the other end of the spectrum, you have apples featuring in cider and juice and sorbet.

And pie.

I worked out a "score" for every supermarket product, which basically indicates how many of the product I need to make in order to have one wholesale dollar's worth of everything. Since the seven basic fruits have a $0.50 wholesale price tag, they automatically score 2 before we consider extra production as ingredients. The combined scores are:

2.3333 banana (sorbet)
2.4667 cherry (sorbet, cherry cola)
2.7333 orange (sorbet, juice)
2.8667 lime (sorbet, juice, lemon-lime)
2.9433 strawberry (sorbet, ice cream, pie)
3.0667 lemon (sorbet, juice, lemon-lime, pie)
3.6000 apple (sorbet, juice, cider, pie)

One of these fruits is not like the others...and that's a little unfair to starting players who happen to pick banana or cherry for their fruit, when the choice is for all intents and purposes random. If balancing these numbers, or at least closing the apple gap a little, could be achieved when coming up with the new meat products (duck a l'orange, anyone?), it would be a win for the game IMHO.
zxektok megatron
RJ: zxektok

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 140
agreed
i have noticed that some fruits are better than others and then looked into the apple craze and saw why.

i have already suggested restaurant as a store
so could be balanced by that

dessert; banana split for example
i like the idea
good math
+1
Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

+ / -

Total Posts: 266
For Benign Dictators keeping score, I accidentally left "fruit salad" off the strawberry list. It was included in the score though; 0.3333 from the sorbet, 0.16 from the ice cream (both indirectly through strawberry juice concentrate), 0.25 from fruit salad and 0.2 from pie.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
I don't like the Benign Dictator title, makes me sound like a tumor.
Garry Hurst
RJ: jackosbournelookalike
CO: jackosbournelookalike

+ / -

Total Posts: 151
rofl scott..... hmmmmm I know scott has many things on his list including balancing!

You need to register or login to post a reply.