Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » another possible bug

another possible bug

Garry Hurst
RJ: jackosbournelookalike
CO: jackosbournelookalike

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 151
the title of last post and the message I tried to send to you using in game mail and it said "please keep message under 1000, characters
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Can you try again and let me know if you're able to repeat it? Thanks

I checked the code, and you only get that message if you have 1500+ characters in the message body, which usually shouldn't happen. Especially since I set the max for the message body textarea to 1000.

EDIT:
I looked it up, this is a HTML5 attribute, and quote from W3C:
The maxlength attribute is supported in all major browsers, except Internet Explorer and Opera.

If you are not using IE or Opera, please use a newer edition. FF stable is now at v9, but I'm sure anything after FF v3.6 works perfect on this site. Chrome should be fine too.
Garry Hurst
RJ: jackosbournelookalike
CO: jackosbournelookalike

+ / -

Total Posts: 151
I have no idea why it happened I was using firefox I cut and paste like i have before the message was short enough however later on it did work, so again not sure why it happened.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
the other possible reason is you might have included too many special characters, they are 1 character when you type, but will be converted to html entities or escaped in some other fashion that makes those characters 2-5 times as long, thereby exceeding the limit.

You need to register or login to post a reply.