Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Ability to combine plots

Ability to combine plots

Chad the Launderer
RJ: Synreal
CO: Synreal

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 148
I think a nifty and well needed feature would be the ability to combine plots. All of my plots are full and I am feeling like my ability to increase production and/or diversify in products is stagnating. I have 12 jewelry stores. If I could combine 2 stores into 1 (for a loss of course, be it a very high cost or loss of total space when combined) I could do more than make jewelry that no one buys. It would also give people a chance to change the direction their company is taking. As applied to real world realism, it isn't uncommon for the workforces from two separate operations to combine into one larger centralized organization.

An example of what I am proposing:

I have 2 jewelry stores occupying 2 spaces. One store is 1000m2 and the other is 2500m2. I combine them into 1 store that is 3500m2 minus whatever loss you would impose to offset abuse. Let's say conservatively you inflict a 25% penalty. So, the final state would be that I have 1 store occupying 1 space that is 3500m2 * .75% = 2625m2.

I believe a feature like this is very important for the longevity of the game. I am 100% invested in jewelry stores and my smallest one is 2200m2 or so. I have little or no motivation to change industries other than starting a new company and waiting 3 months until my production is back up.

Just a suggestion, comments are welcome and I am interested in what others have to say about this.

Side thought: You could also make the cost proportional to store size so that newbies have an easier time than old players. This would be a fantastic money sink.
Josh Millard
RJ: Tex Corman
CO: J. Quaff Arabica

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 167
Is there a reason you can't do this just by starting a +1000m addition to your 2500m plant and then folding the 1000m plant once that's done? That's functionally a, what, 33% penalty when you account for the bath you take reselling a facility.

You need to register or login to post a reply.