Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » "no more high-end and low-end goods at the same time..

"no more high-end and low-end goods at the same time..

Gamma Alpha
RJ: Gammatron
CO: Gammatron

Post Rating: 2
+ / -

Total Posts: 104
Hi,
I've read the news saying that there will soon be "no more high-end and low-end goods at the same time under one company" in stores section. So what If i've got Q10 and Q20 apples in my warehouse and would like to sell them both through my store?
Andrew Turner
RJ: Thomas Lazygun

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 44
They'll get merged into Q15 apples if there are equal numbers of each. Or possibly into Q10 or Q19 apples if there are overwhelmingly many of one kind.

1 million quality 20 apples and a single quality 19 apple will devalue them all into Q19 apples. I'd prefer to throw away the single apple in that case.
Innocent Bystander
RJ: Matthew Matician

+ / -

Total Posts: 76
I'm very much against merging all items into a single quality--I think the downsides of doing it have been mentioned by a lot of players in other threads. That said, I'm under the impression that qualities will become floating-point numbers, so that in your example, you'd end up with quality 19.99999 apples.
Marc Laird
RJ: MarcAFK

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 18
I don'ty particularly like the idea because i like to buy low quality (vastly overpriced) Imports And sell them at reduced profit margin alongside my own products So i don't run out, But i appreciate that this will reduce Micromanagement somewhat.
Alexia Perdhaer
RJ: Alexia Perdhaer

+ / -

Total Posts: 100
When the merge happens, quality will become a float. So a few Q1 apples WILL NOT dilute your store of Q20 apples disproportionately.

*( for non-programmers: become a float means it will become a fractional quantity instead of an integer. so your stash will become Q19.999, for example)
Moe Jack
RJ: Moejack
CO: Moe Jack

+ / -

Total Posts: 128
I love this idea of one quality, but only if it uses fractional qualities.

Thank you President Ratan!
Gamma Alpha

+ / -

Will it affect my store only or my whole storage room in a warehouse? I usually buy/produce higher Q products for my factories, but I don't care that much when I buy wholesale for my stores. I like the current idea of selling different Q products at the same time, all of them competing with each other for robotizens.
Random Tester
RJ: Tester
CO: Random Tester

+ / -

Total Posts: 26
I like the current idea of selling different Q products at the same time, all of them competing with each other for robotizens.

I had to make the change for a number of selfish (not shelfish!) reasons, the most important being a cleaner database and some cleaner scripts.

And yes, your warehouse will be "auto-squashed" as well when the change comes.
Gamma Alpha

+ / -

well, this will seriously affect gaming strategy, not sure if it will be for good or for bad...
Gamma Alpha

+ / -

did mergin of the prices also happened along with Q merging?
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Yes.

The prices are merged correctly, also the store prices are based on the MAX of previous prices. I'm hoping to release the shelf system by the end of this Saturday.
LP Paradoxian
RJ: LP Paradoxian

+ / -

I have been screwed by the merge, big time. I had about 1 unit of lumber of <30 in my warehouse and about 150k units of 47/48/49 lumber. Now all my lumber is 30. A huge loss for me.

Plus, I can't run my factories on this terrible lumber. And I have new high quality lumber coming in but that will be merged with the bad quality, right? Meaning that my good lumber will be bad once it's finished.

Terrible move and I don't know if I'm motived to continue with changes like this that steal huge amounts of money from me.
Gamma Alpha

+ / -

I'm screwed like 50/50. It's hard to say If I lost or not. Strangely, the goods in the B2B market were untouched.

Correctn me if i'm dwrong but I think this means, that if you've got some batch of unfinished production of low Q goods coming soon, you can move the higher Q goods to B2B market so that they don't blend with the freshly produced goods.

LP Paradoxian
RJ: LP Paradoxian

+ / -

Yes, that's possible. You can use B2B as your warehouse, just set the price really high and you can keep products you don't want to mix there. Just be careful if you want to move your products back to the warehouse, they will mix again. I just discovered that and screwed myself out of another 300k batch of lumber.
Lorenzo Boccaccia
RJ: Mon Opoli
CO: Mon Opoli

+ / -

Total Posts: 80
after some play testing, this change really semplified the game a bit too much

You need to register or login to post a reply.